By Fons J.R. van de Vijver, Dianne A. Van Hemert, Ype H. Poortinga
During this publication, best experts deal with theoretical, methodological, and empirical multilevel versions as they relate to the research of person and cultural info. Divided into 4 components, the publication opens with the elemental conceptual and theoretical concerns in multilevel study, together with the fallacies of such learn. half II describes the methodological features of multilevel learn, together with data-analytic and structural equation modeling concepts. functions and versions from a variety of learn parts together with keep watch over, values, organizational habit, social ideals, health and wellbeing, character, reaction kinds, institution functionality, relatives, and acculturation, are explored partially III. This part additionally offers with validity concerns in aggregation versions. The ebook concludes with an summary of the types of questions addressed in multilevel types and highlights the theoretical and methodological matters but to be explored. This ebook is meant for researchers and complex scholars in psychology, sociology, social paintings, marriage and kin remedy, public future health, anthropology, schooling, economics, political technology, and cultural and ethnic reports who research the connection among habit and tradition.
By Sondra Cuban
Construct robust bridges with new contributors of your neighborhood. With this insightful consultant, you'll how to determine your present organizational functionality with immigrants, assemble facts, and use that info to realize help for organizational projects. additionally, you will become aware of the right way to adapt rules to higher healthy altering wishes, conquer language obstacles, advance public kinfolk concepts that extend immigrants, and construct culturally appropriate collections, providers, and courses for a altering neighborhood. packed with costs, anecdotes, and profiles from the author's study with immigrant groups, the e-book presents either a good imaginative and prescient and useful plan for serving immigrants on your library, college, or association.
By Savitra Sirohi, Amit Gupta
Install, configure, and keep your Koha deploy with this easy-to-follow guide
- A self-sufficient consultant to fitting and configuring Koha.
- Take regulate of your libraries with Koha library administration approach.
- Get a transparent figuring out of software program upkeep, customization, and different complex themes resembling LDAP and Internationalization.
- Written in a method that applies to all Linux flavors and Koha types
Koha is the 1st full-featured open resource library administration procedure that's known for successfully dealing with libraries. even if, developing and conserving Koha is not any simple task. it's not as effortless as establishing the opposite well known LAMP functions.
This functional advisor presents the entire crucial details that's had to make the duty of putting in and configuring Koha fairly look uncomplicated and straightforward. It demonstrates find out how to arrange Koha and its quite a few points – set up, configuration, software management, and knowledge migration. It additionally covers troubleshooting, software program upkeep, software program customization, and different complex themes.
The booklet begins with fitting and configuring the LAMP stack and the Koha program to fulfill your wishes. It then is going deeper into developing a number of principles and configuring settings for Koha. It additionally covers information migration of catalog and buyer documents, software program upkeep, and customization of the applying. Chapters also are devoted to delivering an perception into complex issues corresponding to LDAP integration and Internationalization. jam-packed with a variety of code samples and screenshots, this e-book will journey you thru constructing Koha for review or try reasons. it is also a great deal of information for troubleshooting and upkeep actions.
By the tip of this booklet, you may have received the data to get the main from your Koha set up.
A method administrator's guide demonstrating quite a few install and upkeep initiatives for Koha utilizing the Linux shell.
What you'll study from this book
- Set up and configure Koha as according to your wishes and requirements
- Install, configure, and try force the Zebra seek Engine to enhance the looking features of your Koha application
- Configure the Cataloging module to make discovering and comparing goods in a library amazingly easy for patrons
- Migrate catalog info from different platforms into Koha
- Configure the circulate module by way of mapping your library's rules to ideas and personal tastes in Koha
- Customize the glance of the general public interface for clients by means of configuring the OPAC
- Tons of tips for troubleshooting universal difficulties that come up together with your Koha set up
- Many pointers on software program upkeep to ensure that your program is up to date with the newest changes
- Beef up your wisdom of complex subject matters resembling LDAP integration and Internationalization
- Set up your Koha server as a Z39.50 server to proportion your catalog with the skin world
- Customize your software program and percentage it with the community
Written in a pragmatic type, this booklet makes use of the Linux shell in lots of chapters, demonstrating the execution of instructions and their output. With liberal use of screenshots and many code samples followed via cautious clarification, it'll make the duty of putting in and configuring Koha effortless and simple. All chapters are written in a manner that makes them appropriate to numerous Linux distributions.
By Joseph M. Firestone
Is the firm details Portal (EIP) wisdom management's killer app? best specialist Joseph M. Firestone, the 1st writer to formulate the assumption of the firm wisdom Portal, breaks new flooring and appears to the longer term with a pragmatic, yet finished method of firm portals and their courting to wisdom administration. supplying a transparent and novel evaluation, Firestone tackles quite a lot of issues starting from useful EIP functions, estimating expenses and merits of EIPs, diversifications in EIP technical structure, the function of clever brokers, the character of information administration, portal product/solution segmentation, portal product case reports, to the way forward for the EIP space.
'Enterprise info Portals and information administration' is the publication on portals you have been looking forward to. it's the simply booklet that completely considers, explores, and analyzes:
* The EIP orientation, outlook and evolution
* a brand new method for estimating EIP merits and costs
* EIP and company wisdom Portals (EKP) architecture
* the impending function of software program brokers in EIPs and EKPs
* the present and destiny contribution of EIP and EKP ideas to wisdom Management
* The position of XML in portal structure
* A complete, multi-dimensional, and forward-looking segmentation of EIP items observed through portal product case studies
* the place EIP quarter businesses are headed and the pathways they are going to stick with to get there
By Lawrence A. Lacey
Biological Techniques is a chain of volumes aimed toward introducing to a large viewers the newest advances in method. The pitfalls and difficulties of latest suggestions are given due attention, as are these small yet important information now not regularly specific within the tools sections of magazine papers.
In contemporary years, such a lot organic laboratories were invaded by way of pcs and a wealth of recent DNA know-how and it will be mirrored in lots of of the titles showing within the series.
The books might be of price to advances researches and graduate scholars looking to study and practice new thoughts, and should be valuable to academics of complicated undergraduate classes regarding sensible or venture work.
This guide describes the huge array of recommendations which are utilized in insect pathology. it's going to supply biologists, insect pathologists, entomologists, and people attracted to organic regulate, with the required info to paintings on a number of pathogen groups.
This ebook can be an important laboratory reference for insect pathologists.
* Step by-step directions on find out how to isolate, determine, tradition, bioassay and shop the main teams of entomopathogens
* information of the sensible wisdom wanted by way of newbies to use the techniques
* Chapters written via a world staff of experts
* dialogue of security trying out of entomopathogens in mammals and in addition broader equipment equivalent to microscopy and molecular techniques
* offers huge supplemental literature and recipes for media, fixatives and stains
By Annie Buckley
By Pete McDonnell
The Experiential Library: remodeling educational and learn Libraries during the strength of Experiential Learning positive aspects contributions―in a comparatively conversational, functional, and "how-to" format―from a number of educational libraries throughout wide academic degrees that experience applied experiential studying courses, prone, or assets to augment the training and improvement of either scholars and library staff. As educational libraries and educational librarians are searching for how one can remodel themselves and create collaborative synergies inside of and with out their associations, this well timed ebook indicates fascinating how one can combine experiential studying into the library’s offerings.
Ranging from built-in provider studying and data Literacy guide that "takes the category out of the classroom," to precise experiential techniques to programming like path shows and the Human Library, the booklet is a one-stop-shop for libraries trying to extend their repertoire. it is going to additionally support them create connections among experiential studying and their associations' missions and contributions to pupil luck, via grounding those courses and prone on a definite methodological footing. Librarians and educators wishing to benefit extra concerning the connections among experiential learning/experiential schooling and educational libraries would get advantages from the recommendation from authors during this book.
- Covers experiential studying for tutorial and examine libraries
- Presents various elements of experiential studying in educational libraries around the spectrum of academic levels
- Offers a one-stop-shop for librarians a fan of bringing experiential studying to their institutions
- Adds to present conversations in either LIS and experiential schooling, allowing additional synergies in either disciplines
By Michael Upshall
Content material Licensing is a wide-ranging and finished advisor to offering content material for dissemination electronically. It outlines a step by step advent to the why, how, and regularly requested questions of electronic content material and the way to license it. additionally, it examines the context within which licensing happens. What makes the publication distinct is that it examines licensing from a variety of perspectives.
- Practical information for good value licensing
- Guidance on tips on how to make sure the leading use is made up of digital resources
- Invaluable for publishers, libraries and distributors
By Brenda S. Copeland
School Library Storytime: simply the Basics is the proper source for library aides, paraprofessionals, or different library employees who behavior storytime in a faculty library media middle. It presents all the crucial details, fabrics, and step by step tips had to facilitate those all-important occasions for kids in kindergarten via moment grade, permitting library employees with out prior education or event to start with confidence.
The 5th name within the very hot Just the Basics sequence, this publication starts off with an creation, via causes of ways to learn aloud and suggestions for handling and dealing with youngsters within the fundamental grades. The authors recommend particular photograph books that tie into college year-based topics and provide fabrics that may be used as indexed or simply changed to satisfy the person library's wishes. Event-specific classes are provided for lots of weeks in the college yr, making this name person who educators will depend on for storytime rules from September via May.